Chicken- 2 Lbs. (wash & cut into pieces)
Fresh green peas or green and red bellpepper- 1/4 cup
Carrot- 1 (cut into thin strips)
Small baby potatoes- 7 boiled and peeled
Onions- 2 (chopped)
Grated ginger- 1.5 inch piece
Garlic- 6 cloves (chopped)
Green chilies- 3
Coconut milk- 1 1/2 cups
- Spices -
Cinnamon- 1 piece
Bay leaves- 2
Black peppercorns- 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp.
Garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp.
Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp.
Ghee- 2 tablespoons
Oil- 2 tablespoons
A bunch of curry leaves (optional)
Salt to taste
- Grind the ginger, peppercorns, turmeric powder, onions and green chilies to make a coarse paste.
- Heat oil and ghee in a large pan and add mustard seeds. When it pops add cinnamon, bay leaves & cloves. When it turns brown add garlic and curry leaves.
- After a few seconds add the onion, ginger and chili paste. Fry for a couple of minutes. Then add the chicken pieces and fry. Add potatoes, carrots, garam masala and salt.
- Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then pour the coconut milk and add the green peas. Cover and cook until the chicken is fully cooked.